Join us for this episode of Larry Goins Brain-Pick-A-Pro. Learn from leading experts in real estate investing and business. Get the latest information of what is working right now and their predictions for the future. Get ahead of the pack and take advantage of this insider information. Success leaves clues! See first hand what works from them, the lessons they have learned and how to avoid the mistakes they have made. Don’t miss a single episode of Larry Goins Brain-Pick-A-Pro.
Tax-Free Investing with Carl Fischer
In today's show, Larry invited his good friend Carl Fischer. Carl knows a lot about self-directed retirement accounts, retirement plans, tax-deferred, tax-free, types of accounts, and many more.
Carl began his investing career in 1970s when he was employed as a rocket scientist at Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida. He is presently one of the founders and principals of CAMA Self-Directed IRA, LLC (CamaPlan).
Carl has implemented plans and managed over 20 million dollars in real estate transactions. His real estate investments include commercial and residential properties, real property, notes, and mortgages. He has been able to increase his personal net worth and control many endeavors with the self-direction tools available.
In this episode, Carl shared how to invest in self-directed IRAs and other accounts and other key things you need to take note of.
- Who Carl Fischer is
- Tax-free accounts versus tax-deferred accounts
- Different types of accounts
- Best type of account to have
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- High-deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Educational Savings Account (ESA)
- Type of investments you can do from all the accounts
- Things you can do with a retirement account
- Prohibited transactions and disqualified people
- Leveraging your IRA
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- Creating a business on your retirement account versus long-term investment in an IRA
- "Whatever you're good at, that's what you kind of want to figure out to invest in."
- "Do your due diligence on any investment before you make the investment, not after they stop paying."
RESOURCES AND LINKS FROM THIS SHOW:
- Contact information: 877-559-4430